W.R.R.A Meetings are always the 2nd Wednesday of each month 7:00pm @ Las Margaritas
WRRA Meeting March 12, 2014
The meeting was called to order at 7:06 pm by Mike. Sam read the minutes from the February 12, 2014 meeting. KC moved to approve the minutes and Dan 2nd the motion. Melinda read the treasurer’s report. We have a balance of $23,380.32. Lee moved to approve the report and KC 2nd the motion.
Mike went over the old business and let us know that Anne Sample has been paid, the new LED sign has arrived and is working and that he still has a few raffle tickets for the pistol and any that have been sold need to be turned into Melinda as soon as possible.
The Swap Meet information has been uploaded onto the website. It will be $24 a slot for vendors and $2 admission. People that come to the swap meet will receive a $2 off voucher for admission to the race. Shawn is trying to get the Tortilla Factory to purchase a slot so they can “cater” the event. Mike needs help to go to the fairgrounds and inspect and pick up the orange plastic fencing that will be used to fence of the parking lot. We also need somebody to put flyers on cars the night of the 4th that are parked in the lot informing them that they need to be gone by morning or they will be towed. Lori has made posters and flyers to be put up around town and Dom has agreed to put them in customers’ bags at O’Reilly. She made the posters for free for the first year of doing the swap meet.
Lori discussed advertising options that she came up with. We voted to do direct mail postcards, 11”x17” color posters and flyers that businesses can hand out. We gave lori a $3,600 budget for the advertising. Lee moved we approve the plans and Dom 2nd the motion. Holly from the Humboldt sun said that her boss approved us getting “free” advertising for $1,000 not the $750 that had been discussed and Mike said he already talked to her and said that we were not interested in doing business with them.
Nate has been in contact with Janine about the water meter. She is looking into options for different meters. She has given him a quote on the sprinkler system with 1 ¼ inch pipe but is going to get new prices for 2 inch pipe. Nate is getting different plans for different types of sprinklers, oscilating, rainbirds, pop ups. Janine is giving us 100% dealer pricing with no mark up and we are looking at about $3,000.
Lori asked if the price of admission would change since all the events are considered special events. We agreed that prices will now be $10 general admission, $5 senior and kids and 12 and under are free. KC moved to approve the changes and Nedra 2nd the motion.
Aaron’s is donating a 60 inch tv for the Aaron’s Day raffle. They will print up tickets and sell them. They would like 50 free tickets for admission to give out to big customers for the night of the drawing. They will use one of their delivery vans as the pace car and have been told they might slide off the track. They will also have a booth set up and have tshirts, stuffed toys and hats to give out at the race. Lee said we should make them a sponsor for that race. Aaron’s day will be the August 8th and 9th races.
Cory Sample wants to start an I-80 challenge. It will be open to racers from Elko to Fernley and Fallon. Each track will get one weekend with no overlapping races. The races will have a title sponsor he already has one lined up for $3,000 and will not cost the track anything. They will include all car classes and pay the top 10 spots. Winnemucca is planning to hold it on June 20th and 21st that way we will be able to see if it will be worth us holding the event and vote on it at our June meeting. Melinda asked how points will be tracked. There will be 2 sets of points, normal track points and the challenge points. There will be normal end of the night payouts with a bonus amount depending on cars. There would also be a separate end of the year banquet to thank sponsors and receive end of the year payouts. Must be present to receive the end of year bonuses. For more information you can check out the I80.com website.
Lee moved to adjourn the meeting and Nedra 2nd the motion.
Next meeting will be April 9th, 2014 at 7pm at Las Margaritas.
WRRA Meeting May 14, 2014
The meeting was called to order by Mike at 7:09pm.
Sam read the minutes from the April 9, 2014 meeting. Loree moved to approve the minutes and Nick 2nd the motion. Melinda then read the treasurers report. We have a balance of $17,907.02. Nick moved to approve and Loree 2nd.
Mike then went over the old business. Nick gave us a rough estimate for beer sales at the 1st race but didn’t have exact numbers so they will come out again to the 2nd race and hopefully do better and get us the exact numbers so that we can revisit the amount they will pay to the track. The new water truck is at KC’s house and Mike will get a report from him on how it is running. Sam will get a hold of Janine and get the water meter before the next race.
Nate said that the water truck that is at the track has an air valve leak. Chad Tregallas was supposed to be ordering and installing a new one as part of his probation work at the track but Nate has not heard from him. Nate will get in touch with him so we can get it fixed.
The Rural Fire Department chief donated a 1954 Ford fire truck to the track. It runs great but they do not use it. It has a 1000 gallon water tank on it but it needs a gas powered water pump so Mike will look into that. The Rural Fire department is also going to donate their time and truck to come out during the American Daredevil act.
Nate talked to Val at Sage about coming out to fuel up the equipment and she said they do not deliver fuel unless it is 100 gallons or more. He is going to try to get them to come out and fill up the motocross track’s loader that we used to make the landing ramp and the water truck. If they will not do it then Nate and Mike will take out a couple drums to get the loader filled.
The motorcycle landing ramp is going to be moved to the center of the infield and will be permanent. It will be moved before the next race to prevent any accidents. The monster truck and the daredevil acts will be in the motocross parking lot behind the hill parking. The sand wall between the hill and the lot will act as a barrier between the acts and the people watching. We will also put up orange fencing to prevent people from going into that area.
Melinda is going to get the race results to make soon so that he can post them to the website.
Loree is going to go around and pick up all the season passed that were sold. She will also be dropping off more of the discounted pre sale tickets. These tickets are only $8 instead of $10.
We are going to get a “Roll Over” trophy to present to Bob at the next race during the drivers meeting.
The signs advertising the races will be set up in designated spots. The mobile LED sign that we purchased will continue to be set up at O’Reilly unless somebody wants to move it. Mike also called and gave the dates to get the races advertised on the Welcome to Winnemucca sign at the stoplight by McDonalds.
We need more sponsors. If you know of anybody that would like to sponsor a race or anything at the track please let us know and we can get them sponsor passes and put them onto the posters.
Mike and KC will fix the light poll before the next race. The concrete is not broke but the light poll was cut in half. We have a replacement poll that they will stand up and put new bulbs in.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:10 p.m.
Next meeting will be June 11, 2014 at 7 P.M. at Las Margaritas.
WRRA Meeting June 11, 2014
The meeting was called to order at 7:07 pm by Nate.
Sam read the minutes from the May 14th meeting. Ron moved to approve the minutes and Dan 2nd.
Melinda read the treasurers report. We have $16,883.83 in the bank. Nate has $600 from renting the water truck and Dr. Grant paid $2,500.00 to sponsor a race. Both of these monies needs to still be deposited. Ron made a motion to approve the report and Travis 2nd the motion.
Nate then when over old business. He told us that 1 water truck is still at KC’s and we have no new information on it yet. The other one is at the track and still has a leak. We will get the motorcycle ramp moved to the middle of the infield this week, and we will also get the monster truck set up done. The race results are posted and up to date on the website. We also need any raffle tickets and money people may still have.
We need help with the set up for the monster truck this week.
The water meter should be here this week and it will be installed before the next race. As far as the sprinkler system goes, Nate and Janine are still moving forward with the plans but it probably will not be installed until next year. We are trying to get as much of the materials donated as possible. The system they are designing is going to cost a ballpark of $5,500.00.
Nate is going to fix the light pole before the next race. We have the pole it just needs to be stood up. Nate can stand the new pole and Mike will take care of the electrical.
Nate had an idea of letting people buy last place points. The idea is that if you are going to miss a race because of work or for any reason you can’t make it you will be able to pay the entry fee and still receive last place points. The biggest advantage to this is the track will still get money even if everyone is not able to make it. Also for the racers that are going for points wont have to be as worried about if they are unable to get time off, are injured, having car troubles, etc. Melinda was concerned because the rules state you have to take a checkered flag in order to receive points. Also that as far as the IMCA goes there would be a big conflict there. Nate’s solution would be to make an amendment to the rules and that it would only be for track points not IMCA ranking points. For the IMCA we could keep 2 sets of points. This option would be for members only. We tabled the idea until the next meeting for further discussion.
There will not be a joint race with Lovelock in July.
Ron moved to adjourn the meeting and Travis 2nd the motion.
The next meeting will be July 9, 2014 at 7:00 pm at Las Margaritas.
WRRA meeting July 9,2014
The meeting was called yo order at 7:04 pm by Mike. Sam then read the minutes from the June 11, 2014 meeting. Nick moved to approve the minutes, Dan 2nd the motion.
Melinda read the treasurers report. We have $17,182.12 in the bank. Nick made a motion to approve the report and Dan 2nd the motion.
Mike went over the old business. He had no volunteers to help with the monster truck set up. The water meter has arrived and will be install and the water system has been tabled until next year. The light pole project has also been completed. Nates idea for buying last place points has been tabled until the next meeting with a large turn out or next year.
Buzz ' s back up race is still scheduled for the July race at intermission. He will need to sign a liability waiver for his truck. Mike has told him many times there is a large chance that his truck will be severely damaged and if he didn't want to take the risk mike volunteered to bring a different vehicle. Buzz said he is not concerned about damage to his truck at all and will sign the waiver. Also anybody participating in the race will have to sign the same liability paper as the regular racers. Melinda is going to get a plaque to present to the winner. We will also be doing kiddie rides after the back up race.
Dominic has called mike and would like to reevaluate the way the line ups are chosen for the main race. We discussed different ways to figure out the line up. We also talked about not changing it every time that way the drivers can't finish in the heat for where the anticipate they will end up in the main. This idea was tabled until the next meeting.
The water truck has been fixed. And the track was bladed by Lauren Hunewill. Nate has to talk to Gama about the bill for the lighting. New Mont is no longer paying the rescue crew to be at the track so we are now paying them $35 an hour to be there. The beer sales did great at the last race but the concession stand is having problems with somebody turning off the power to their freezer. Also they need more people to help in the concession stand. They haven't been doing well in sales but they will try it 1 more time and if they don't do better they will have to rethink the idea.
Robinson ' s came and picked up the cars from monster truck. Nate cleaned up the area but it still needs more work. Bob is donating an old old smile car for the daredevil act in august. The stunt man will be here 1 week before the races and he needs a total of 11 cars. Bosch is going to donate a bunch of cars and Robinsons will pick them up afterwards. The show will be in the same area as the monster truck but he wants to do some in the infield as well. Quality Floors and Paint donated the paint he needs and we are trying to get the Winnemucca Inn to donate the hotel rooms.
Mike is going to talk to Janine about the fuel costs. She is sponsoring the fuel for the water truck and he is going to see if agri lines will donate a water pump as well.
The Ruby Mountain Sprint cars will not be at the July race. They wanted the cars and drivers to race for free. Mike tried to work a deal with them but the refused. The Lovelock Sprint cars called mike and said they would still like to race and he told them to come on down, they are more than welcome.
Anita moved to adjourn the meeting. Dan 2nd the motion.
The next meeting will be August 13, 2014 at Las margaritas at 7 pm..